Es Migjorn Gran – Santo Tomás – Playa de Binigaus
- Start off from the Avinguda de la Mar (main road surrounding the town), go south east until you come to a roundabout with a sports centre on the left.
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit into Avenida de la Mar/Me-18
- Continue along Avenida de la Mar/Me-18 following the signs to Santo Tomás.
- Follow the Me-18 towards the Santo Tomás road for some 3.8 km.
As you approach your destination you’ll see that the carriageway narrows and the road surface deteriorates. Respect the speeds indicated at each section to prevent damaging your tyres, and keep a particular lookout for cyclists and mopeds in summer.
- When you reach the Santo Tomás development you’ll see a roundabout. You can opt to park your vehicle in a free official parking site on your right, or you can take the 1st exit on the left off the roundabout into the main road of the development where you will find tourism accommodation and other services.
- Santo Tomás beach is 750 m long by 43 m wide. It is surrounded by vegetation and occupation in summer is high. You’ll be tempted to bathe in its crystalline waters, soak up the sun in this natural haven or sip a beer in any of the bar-restaurants nearby.
*Ownerscars has an office in the Hamilton Court Apartments (central road).
- Binigaus beach, between the Rabiosa and Rodona points, forms part of the Natural Area of Special Interest (ANEI) which runs from Cala Mitjana to this part of the shore. You reach the beach by turning right from Santo Tomás beach, keeping to the coast and walking for some 8 minutes. You can go on further, depending where you want to stop since the beach continues for 1,100 metres.
Enjoy the absolute peace of a protected natural space, with its clear, peaceful waters caressed by a light breeze.